I am being somewhat lazy and shamelessly looking for more traffic to my blog 😀 I get a handful of hits every day from people typing in a search for “100 questions to ask a potential girlfriend/boyfriend” That was a blog I did oh so many months ago. I was on Pinterest recently and found this article about “50 questions to ask on a date, by Zach Terry (a pastor) from some web posting on October 7, 2009. I modified the questions because I didn’t like the way they were phrased. The idea that you would need “topics” to have decent conversation on a date is somewhat humorous to me. I can talk forever, and or ask questions to prompt my date to talk forever 😀 I have a friend and we can spend 10, 12, 16 hours together and never run out of things to talk about. Anyway , here it is, 50 questions to ask on a date 😀
1. What do like to eat for breakfast?
2. What do you like to eat for dinner?
3. Do you have a sweet tooth? What satisfies it?
4. What restaurants do you like to eat at?
5. Do you have a favorite color or colors?
6. When you have time for yourself, what do you like to do?
7. Is there anything you did in the past for fun that you no longer do?
8. Do you like to read?
9. What recent gifts have you received that you really liked?
10. When was the last time you were in a house of worship?
11. What are your thoughts about God?
12. Do you have a favorite song?
13. What thoughts make you happy by yourself?
14. What thoughts make you happy with others?
15. What are your thoughts about children?
16. What makes you sad when you are alone?
17. What makes you sad when you are with others?
18. What made you sad as a child?
19. Do you have any fears?
20. What gives you strength?
21. What do you look forward to?
22. How much sleep do you need each night?
23. What do you consider to be your skills?
24. What do you believe to be your gifts?
25. Do you have any weaknesses?
26. What chores around the house do you do?
27. Do you ever need help doing anything?
28. Do you like cuddling?
29. Do you like holding hands?
30. What do you think is sexy in others?
31. What do you think is sexy about yourself?
32. How would you want someone to express their love for you?
33. How do you show your love?
34. What makes you uncomfortable?
35. How do you express your concerns to others?
36. What things that others do irritate you?
37. What desires do you have?
38. What do you enjoy doing with me?
39. What things can I do that show my appreciation of you?
40. Is there something you desired in the past you no longer desire?
41. What makes you feel safe?
42. Have you ever made a great sacrifice for someone else?
43. What are your priorities in life?
44. What are your thoughts about keeping secrets from loved ones?
45. What interests do you have that you would like me to support?
46. How much time would be good for us to spend together?
47. What motivates you?
48. How would you like me to comfort and encourage you?
49. Do I have any personal habit you would like me to change?
50. How would you like me to show you that you are important to me?
Wow. I changed these questions around big time! The article was written more for men and women already in a long term relationship, and a lot of the questions had a spiritual/religious context. This is an awful lot of stuff to cover in one date! 😀 Sad to know that you would actually have to tell someone in a long term relationship, hey you know what you should ask your partner? So many of these things you would think would just come up, but obviously not.
On a personal note, I got my 3 miles in today! 6 for the week! Time was slightly better at 1:10. I don’t think I am going to make my goal of 18 miles in 5:25 so I am shooting now for30 miles for the week!, regardless of time 😀
Thank you readers! 😀