1. In an effort to make the directorship more efficient, Aaron is officially designated as Staff coordinator. This will allow Aaron to more concisely deal with all corps staff matters, and I will be more focused on all other corps matters.
2. He and I had a great phone chat before the full corps rehearsal March 11. We discussed: member contracts, instructional staff, and how to continue to improve the member educational experience. We also talked about Show Design and production schedule. And, we reviewed previous discussions and meetings regarding the corps. Finally, we updated each other on recent events related to the corps.
3. Planned logistics for the April 8 brass camp at O-Lu. Andi and Aldo moved horns from Santa Fe Springs to Orange, and back.
5. Aaron worked on show music copyright approval, Robert provided a huge assist. All documents submitted, DCI updated on our repertoire and approval status.
6. Aaron and I had a face to face meeting at Corner Bakery, Friday April 6
1. Looking into getting new tractor and trailer tires. Driver Dave, found tires $155 a piece, plus $22 for mounting each. He missed driving the truck for March 11 rehearsal due to health issues. Dave’s Health is much improved.
2. Home show will not be at Bellflower HS, construction. A range of options were explored: Gahr HS, Valencia HS (OC), Estancia HS, other sites offered their facilities. Bill, our Event Partner Coordinator is currently working on details with Cerritos College.
3. I received an offer for corps housing in Lena, IL. Looking into details. This will be one stop between Denver and Sheffield.
4. Cypress College President sent me a non-update email. Just a, haven’t forgotten about you, email.
5. Compton College President, on a recommendation from Cypress College President, expressed an interest in having Impulse as a music program partner. Future meeting pending.
6. Excelsior HS everyday site secured. Thank you Moses.
7. Contacted Gold Drum Corps when I received 24 hour notice of needing a driver for March 11, per Aldo, Jenn, Andi suggestion. Don, Gold director, came through, shared his driver with us.
8. Taft paperwork, with a huge assist from Robert completed, sent, and received by Taft officials.
9. Contacted Grant HS director to begin calendar exploration of possible fall Impulse workshops at this SFV site.
(3) Staff and Members
1. Aaron will lead staff and DMs will lead the members. I will provide support as needed.
2. Posted schedule updates on staff chat.
3. Also posted on staff chat: caption goal and objective development and focus.
4. Prior to a meeting, let’s establish an agenda and actionable outcomes. (2., 3., and 4., we’re posted in early March)
5. My preference: Show numbers will be closed end of this month. We can be flexible, but I believe there’s agreement: the quality of the show production and the quality of the member experience will increase the sooner numbers are closed. Two maxed buses is a good sized corps for this season.
6. Personal emails sent to 68 local band directors, and to share that info with their students. I honestly lost steam on this effort and didn’t follow through.
7. There needs to be a discussion about options who and when a Member jacket can be purchased. Many reasons for this discussion.
8. WGASC show, Impulse recruitment booth April 14. Moderately successful.
9. La Mirada HS on campus recruitment, pending.
1. Yamaha Contact, Doug – refurbished battery equipment is available. Andi made contact with Doug. Tama, could also be in the mix, if Yamaha not interested in partnering with us.
2. See’s candy pickup, distribution. Thank you Carol, Robert.
3. I directly Addressed members not participating in fundraising opportunities. I also need to improve my communication, to all, about everything. To say the least.
4. Long Beach Grand Prix fundraiser HUGE success. Thank you Carol for leading this. Job one for next year: find a new Carol.
5. Program Ad sales document done. Thank you Irene and Bill.
1. Messaged with Lester regarding tour dates, itinerary. Lester is gearing up to driver this summer. Looking for driver #2 now.
2. Outlining corps itinerary, in contact, confirming with DCI our housing site logistic needs.
3. Courting new, interested parents for volunteer Camp and Home Show duty, and tour duty.
4. I need to get a list of Staff and members allergies and diet consideration for food purchasing, planning, and preparing.
5. Getting insurance docs to DCI for housing sites. Thank you Robert.
1. Continuing to contact all parents, one at a time, about volunteer options.
2. Contacted band directors I spoke with at Valencia HS WGASC show. They confirmed they shared the Impulse info with their students that we discussed.
3. WGASC show Impulse recruitment booth at Ocean View made possible by Debbie Spurlock and Lori. Thank you, ladies.
4. Called and emailed a Thank You to Don, Gold director, and also called Gold driver to thank him also. He told me to keep his number, call him again if we ever need him.
5. Discussion with members about our position and response in relation to current news regarding appropriate staff and member behavior.
6. Working with Aaron and board on staff and member protocols for all contingencies.
7. In a communication with Brad, brass arranger, early last month, he would like to come see the corps June 29 and 30. He’ll need housing. We’ll look at those details as we get closer
(7) DCI and Other Corps Relations
1. Invited to Pacific Crest 25th anniversary dinner. I responded I am attending.
2. Bill leading efforts to keep DCI updated on our home show preparation status.
3. Sooz, counts better than me 😛
4. Communication with Don for the Potluck with Gold, other corps, at Gold home show.