…or spouse, or roommate, or friends!
NEW AND WAY IMPROVED!!!
What to talk about on a date? It depends on what you want out of the date. Is it for fun or maybe, hopefully, something more. The first few dates should be fun and light conversion topics. If the other person brings up a serious topic, show interest, but maybe not dwell on it. Moderate the conversation to another topic a couple of clicks less serious or personal. If there is potential for more dates, at the end, tell them you had a great time and look forward to continuing the conversation.
In pursuit of a more serious relationship, there are certain topics you should definitely cover. It will depend on you, and on your preparation with appropriate topics, and what you think the other person is ready to respond to. You may consider making a mental list of questions to ask. DO NOT HAVE A PHYSICAL LIST AT READ FROM AND NEVER MAKE THEM ANSWER A QUESTION IF THEY DON’T WANT TO.
I have put together a list and I think EVERYONE should read it and answer these questions for yourself. Give your life a little more clarity. Also, you can turn these questions into topics for conversation. The key to being a good conversationalist is to be prepared!
Fathers, definitely have any guy wanting to date your daughter answer these questions, in writing, signed and dated! 😀
The questions are not in any particular order. Different thoughts I had as I was making this list.
Please, if you like this blog, leave a comment. I am always looking for feedback and suggestions for blog topics. 😀
1. Where do you see yourself in life in 5 years, 10 years?
2. Have you had an experience you would say has impacted the direction of your life?
3. Have you had to make an important decision that affected the direction of your life?
4. Are there people you don’t like? Are there people that don’t like you?
5. What are romantic ideas to you?
6. What has been an embarrassing moment for you?
7. Are you ever bored?
8. What leisure activities do you enjoy?
9. Do you mind if a talk about an Ex?
10. What is your idea emotional intimacy?
11. What do you think of this expression: Where there was fire, ashes remain.
12. Do you have or are you planning long term financial goals?
13. What would a book about your life be called?
14. Do you have a favorite book/author/genre of literature?
15. Describe yourself in 3 words.
16. What do you consider 3 personal weaknesses.
17. How would you describe a hero, do you have one?
18. What are the most important things in life?
19. What questions would you like me to answer?
20. What are your bad/good habits?
21. What is your philosophical approach to the world? Liberal/conservative, spiritual/atheist
22. What kind of first impression do you make?
23. What would make life perfect?
24. Best ways to maintain sexual health. Go!
25. What’s been your most intimate experience? What it emotional as well as physically intimate?
26. Can you have emotional intimacy without physical intimacy?
27. Do you still have feelings for an ex?
28. How long did your most intimate relationship last?
29. Do you regret any intimate experiences?
30. Have you ever had the feeling you were being watched in public, and you turn, and someone is staring at you?
31. What was your most conflicted emotional moment?
32. Do you usually follow your heart or your head?
33. What is your opinion about same gender relationships?
34. Do you think your past relationships matter in a current relationship?
35. How would you react if I told I have had a relationship with a partner of the same gender?
36. Do you believe in any god or gods? Why? Are you spiritual?
37. Do you follow current politics?
38. Do you have any hobbies?
39. Have you ever experimented with legal/illegal drugs?
40. What do you think are the keys to good parenting?
41. Do you like pets? Do you like pets in the house?
42. What is the weirdest thing about you to most people?
43. Tell me something about your first kiss.
44. If your parents don’t like me for some reason, is that a deal breaker?
45. Have you ever had a one night stand? If you did, do you regret it?
46. Do you believe in soul mates?
47. Do you have a criminal record that’s relevant to a relationship?
48. What is your dream job?
49. Are you willing to live away from your family in another state if you ever have to for a job?
50. Which living celebrity/author/singer would you like to have a drink with?
51. If you could meet a famous dead person, whom would you like to meet?
52. What do you think about unfaithfulness in a relationship?
53. Do you think love at first sight is possible?
54. If your job started negatively impacting our relationship, what would you do?
55. Who is your favorite cartoon character and why?
56. Do you prefer reading books or watching movies?
57. Do you have any regrets in life?
58. What is your ideal vacation?
59. Do you have a favorite movie?
60. Besides eating, breathing, and sex, if you are allowed to do just one thing for the rest of your life, what would it be?
61. What are some things about you that you take pride in?
62. What is the most courageous thing you have ever done in your life?
63. What is your earliest memory?
64. What do you like most about you?
65. Will you be OK with me hanging out with you and your friends?
66. If you could change something about your life, what would it be?
67. Have you ever taken dancing classes? Do you like to dance?
68. Do you think it is important to learn any form of a performing art?
69. What are you looking for in a relationship? In the long term or short term?
70. If you have three wishes, what do would you wish for?
71. What songs or artist make you happy?
72. If you could have a superpower, what would be your superpower?
73. Who has been the most influential person in your life?
74. Is there a movie that makes you cry no matter how many times you watch it?
75. If you could change one thing about yourself physically, what would it be?
76. What is the best advice you ever received?
77. What kind of music or genres of music do you like?
78. Why did your last relationship end?
79. Are you still friends with that person?
80. What was a good moment in that relationship?
81. What are the craziest things that you’ve done with someone?
82. What will you have accomplished one year from now?
83. Ideal road trip. Where, who, how long?
84. What is the best part about being in a family?
85. What is a favorite family memory?
86. Tell me 3 good things about me.
87. What are your expectations of me in our relationship?
88. Did you ever want to kill someone?
89. Have you ever wanted something really bad and then later, not so much?
90. Is there anything I could do to make you think I am a bad person?
91. What would you do without electricity for 3 days?
92. Do you like to go shopping? Bum shopping, not buying, just looking?
93. After I had asked you out for the first time, was there any part of you that wanted to say no?
94. Where are some places you like to go on dates that might be different from where you usually go out?
95. What are your views on open relationships? Do you know what an open relationship is?
96. Have you ever thought of adopting a child?
97. Is money more important to you or are relationships you share with people more important?
98. What is it that you are passionate about?
99. Do you believe long distance relationships can work?
100. What are your thoughts when you see older, AARP types, out on dates?
Now that I have your attention 😀 I’d like to encourage you to read other posts in my blog. Type a word into the search box and see if I’ve posted anything related 🙂 or make a topic suggestion in the comments! In my blog you’ll find all kinds of different stories.
Happy Reading 😀